The only requirement of using Exaltation is Node.js.
The following instructions are for creating a blog using GitHub pages. You can use Exaltation with any HTTP hosting service you want.
- Create a Github pages repository.
- Download and unzip the Exaltation repository into your local Github pages repo.
- Edit your local version of the
src\data.jsfile with your site and personal information.
Authoring Blog Posts
- Create a new markdown file in the `src\articles\` folder with your blog article
- Add a new entry to
src\articles.jsonfile with the title, date, file name, and description of your blog article.
The following source files will be generated in the root folder:
The articles will be generated and placed in the folder: `blog\`.
There are three main ways to customize the web-site generated via Exaltation:
- templates - These files control the main layout of the index page, and the article posts in conjunction with the configuration file
Getting the Newest Version of Myna
The Exaltation blog generator uses several tools provided with the Myna parsing toolkit. Bugs and fixes that occur in Myna can be retrieved using the command:
npm update.If you don't have it, you will have to install npm.